There's more to IoD Membership
IoD is a membership organisation that focuses on the individual director, making us different to the other membership organisations. It also gives our members the confidence that our initiatives are tailored to suit their needs and that through our network they can connect with the decision makers of many of Northern Ireland’s leading organisations.
IoD is the business organisation for individual business leaders. Our focus is on helping you to be better at
what you do.
Becoming a member of the Institute of Directors provides a wealth of benefits that will help you and your organisation to perform better.
Benefits available to all members and provided as part of your annual membership package include:
Growing your network
- Local and national networking with fellow business leaders - as well as access to a range of networking opportunities, all new NI members are invited to a New Member Lunch to meet other new recruits and members of the IoD Northern Ireland Committee
- Access to our exclusive UK LinkedIn group with over 7,000 IoD members and NI LinkedIn group
- Opportunities to contribute to economic growth through participation in our committees and discussions with senior business leaders, politicians and business organisations
- And opportunities to meet leaders with similar concerns and issues for informal roundtable discussions on a variety of issues
- Access to a comprehensive range of professional development events through IoD Northern Ireland
- Local and London based professional development courses, conferences and seminars
- CPD – many IoD events count towards your CPD requirement for professional bodies
- Access to a mentor (on request)
- Monthly Online newsletters from London and Northern Ireland
Free information and advice
- One-to-one sessions with a business expert
- Calls to our business tax line and business legal advice line
- Access to our extensive online business support resource
- Free business information service – use of professional researchers
- IoD magazine – Director and IoD Northern Ireland News
- Updates on local and national IoD lobbying activity, legislative and regulatory changes
- Use of IoD locations across the UK including lounge areas in Riddel Hall, Belfast. Check out 116 Pall Mall headquarters in London via this virtual tour.
- Access to airport lounges across the UK, including Aspire Lounge, George Best Belfast City Airport (IoD NI members only - special access card must be obtained)
- Complimentary access to Regus business lounges worldwide plus discount on Regus meeting room bookings and day offices
- Use of the facilities at Omagh Enterprise Centre and the Catalyst Inc (formerly NI Science Park) premises in Belfast's Titanic Quarter and in Derry~Londonderry
- Free usage of the boardroom meeting facilities (subject to availability) at IoD Ireland’s office in Dublin
- Representation at the highest levels of government and the opportunity to participate in surveys
- Access to specially negotiated products and services for products and services such as professional and private insurance, travel service, car hire and hotels
- Member and company profiles included in IoD Northern Ireland News
To find out more about joining the IoD in Northern Ireland, please contact Lisa Keys
Download a PDF and Powerpoint of benefits below.