Northern Ireland's leading directors recognised by IoD
08 December 2014
Ten local business leaders have been recognised and rewarded by their peers in this year’s IoD First Trust Bank Director of the Year Awards.
The prestigious awards were handed to each of the category winners in recognition of their proactive approach towards business growth, corporate governance and responsible directorship.
This year’s category winners are:
· Young Enterprise NI Director of the Year sponsored by Concentrix – Stephen Henderson of Ruach Music
· Leadership in Corporate Responsibility sponsored by Ulster Business – Mike Mullan of Moy Park
· Non-Executive Director of the Year sponsored by First Trust Bank - Seán Hogan of Northern Ireland Water
· International Director of the Year sponsored by William J Clinton Leadership Institute - Damian McGarry of Wrightbus International
· Large Company Director of the Year sponsored by 4C Executive Search - John McCann of UTV Media plc
· Family Director of the Year sponsored by BDO Northern Ireland - Simon Hunter of Hunter Apparel Solutions
· Public Sector Director of the Year sponsored by Capita Managed IT Solutions -Marie-Thérèse McGivern of Belfast Metropolitan College
· Third Sector Director of the Year sponsored by First Trust Bank - Marie Marin of Employers for Childcare Charitable Group
· SME Director of the Year sponsored by Ulster University Business School -Jeremy Biggerstaff of Flint Studios
· Young Director of the Year sponsored by Jaguar - Alan McKeown of Dunbia
Speaking at the event, Chairman of the Institute of Directors Northern Ireland, Paul Terrington, said:
“One of the main objectives of the IoD is to provide directors with opportunities that enable each to fulfil their potential and help them explore different avenues for organisational growth and stability.
“With Northern Ireland’s devolved corporation tax still on hold, it remains clear that business leaders need to adapt to the challenging financial climate to attract investment.
“Today’s winners have each demonstrated a wealth of skills and professionalism that have impacted positively on their company’s performance and the local economy.
“This year the standard of applicants was at an all-time high, making the competition very difficult. With this said, I would like to congratulate each of the finalists on their hard work, determination and forward thinking.
“I wish the winners every success for the future and the best of luck in the UK finals next year.”
Each of the winners of the Northern Ireland Director of the Year Awards will be selected to enter the UK Director of the Year finals in late 2015 and will be nominated for the IoD Lunn’s Award of Excellence, presented at our Annual Dinner in February.
Principal sponsor of the awards was First Trust Bank. Congratulating the winners, Head of First Trust Bank, Des Moore, said:
“The pool of professional talent here in Northern Ireland is without a doubt one of our greatest assets and should be leveraged if we want to attract foreign investment and
strengthen the local economy.
“I highly commend each of the category winners on their incredible achievement and hope it will encourage others to unlock their business potential by following suit.”