The Competent Board Chair
22 September 2016
Date: 22 September
Time: 1:30pm - 5.30pm
Venue: Riddel Hall, 185 Stranmillis Road, Belfast, BT9 5EE
Members: £200+ VAT Non-Members: £275+ VAT
Joy Allen of Leading Governance, will give delegates an appreciation of the
role of the Chair in the context of leading a more effective Board. The half
day event will include input from an MD about his experience of appointing and
working with a Chair on his company Board.
The workshop will help delegates to:
- Appreciate the board’s role, purpose and key tasks
- Define the role and responsibilities of the chairman in successfully leading and chairing a board
- Compose and develop a more effective board
- Make proper use of both executive and non-executive directors
- Deal more effectively with the media
- Plan and run effective board meetings
- Understand the skills and personal qualities most likely to help to achieve competence in the role.
- Appreciate the importance of the chairman’s relationship with other board members and shareholders.
Book online here or please contact Julie-Anne Clarke
Minimum numbers: 6
Cancellation: at least 5 working days’ notice.
Refreshments: Prices include afternoon refreshments.
Take advantage of member events and network with our 1000 members in Northern Ireland and 37,000 members around the UK.
Flagship IoD events, such as the Annual Convention and Annual Dinner, aim to showcase the best and brightest minds in business, sport and politics and are extremely popular.
In addition to our programme of professional development activity, IoD Northern Ireland hosts a number of networking events throughout the year ranging. Some forthcoming events include: