The Competent Director’s Update (formerly Chartered Director’s workshop)
16 November 2016
Date: 16 November
Time: 12:45pm - 5.00pm
Venue: Binnan Room, Stranmillis College, Stranmillis Road, Belfast, BT9 5DY
Chartered Directors: Free of Charge
Non-Members: £40+ VAT
CPD Hours: 4 hours
Designed to help Northern Ireland’s Chartered Directors achieve
their CPD requirements but open to all business decision makers and directors,
The Competent Director’s Update provides 4 CPD hours.
The workshop will provide delegates with knowledge updates from legal, governance and financial experts on the latest developments in their fields that affect business directors.
Our special guest at the workshop is Antrim-born Garry Wilson, Founding Partner at Endless LLP, who will talk about his experience of company turnarounds, restructuring, buy outs and acquisitions with companies such as Crown Paints, Bathstore and The Works over the past 20 years.
The Competent Director’s Update is part of The Competent Director Series supported by Arthur Cox and Ulster Bank.
Contributes to building the Core Competencies of a director relating to: Strategic direction and Judgement
- Understand and be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Be aware of the external environment and drivers for change.
- Be able to bring relevant experience that will benefit and provide new insight to the organisation.
- Possess and demonstrate the skills to assess and understand complex information (including financial information) and situations.
12.45 Light lunch and networking
13.30 Welcome and introduction: Colin Coffey CDir, chairman of the IoD Connecting Committee
13.35 Legal Update: Kieran McGarrigle, Partner and Head of Finance at Arthur Cox
· ‘person of significant control’
· voluntary directorships and some lessons from the Presbyterian Mutual Society
14.00 Financial update: Johnny Hanna, Partner and Head of Tax at KPMG Belfast
· tax issues for directors
14.15 Brexit and Cross Border Trade: Aidan Gough, Strategy & Policy Director at InterTradeIreland, Q&A
14.50 Cybersecurity for the NI business: Stephen Wray, Director Cyber Risk Services at Deloitte, Q&A
15.30 What does a growth potential company look like: Garry Wilson, Founder of Endless LLP, Q&A
Book online here or please contact Julie-Anne Clarke
Minimum numbers: 25
Cancellation: at least 5 working days’ notice.
Refreshments are provided.