Vision and Objectives
The IoD concentrates on the issues which are of most concern to business, examining them in depth and drawing substantially on our members' experience.
Our areas of influence include Corporate Governance, Education & Skills, Enterprise & Economic Development, the Business Environment, including Planning, Energy, Public Procurement and Infrastructure for Business, We exert our influence in a number of different ways:
- By taking a position in the media
- Through direct discussion with local Ministers
- Through detailed discussions with civil servants
- Through written responses to consultation documents
- Nationally through the production of research and policy papers
To maximise our influence, we communicate the IoD viewpoint to the full range of policy-makers. We are in frequent contact with Ministers, Civil Servants, Special Advisers and Government agencies to ensure that IoD members' views are represented accurately at all stages of the policy process.
Where appropriate, the IoD works in partnership with other business groups to maximise the impact of the business point of view.
IoD Northern Ireland’s vision is for Northern Ireland to become the most enterprising, outward looking and fastest growing economy in Europe.
Recognising that such a vision must be achieved through the success of the private, public and third sectors, led by IoD members and other business leaders, IoD Northern Ireland aims to show leadership in creating an economic environment that supports an enterprising, outward looking and fast growing economy by:
- supporting leaders in their professional development
- lobbying on issues that will achieve the vision, and
- providing benefits, services and networking opportunities that help and inspire members to grow their organisations